Laura's Bio and Hello
Laura Duksta is an Ambassador of Love, inspirational speaker and New York Times bestselling children's author. Her first book, l Love You More, has sold nearly a million copies in seven languages.
Laura's works also include You are a Gift to the World/The World is a Gift to You and I'll Hug You More. Her newest title, No Matter What, I Love You - You Are My Sister, You Are My Brother, will be released in 2021.
Through her work, Laura aims to reach as many hearts, homes and classrooms as possible with the power, magic and message of love, appreciation and connection.
She believes that when people know they are loved, anything is possible. Laura lost all her hair to a condition called Alopecia Areata at the age of eleven. It took her many years to learn to love herself and allow others to love her. Laura felt from a young age that she was meant to travel the world, meet her brothers and sisters and share the message of love.
Laura is now fulfilling her mission of generating the conversation of love around the world through her books, school programs and inspirational talks. She has delivered her well-received presentation "Empowering YOU to Shine!" to 100,000+ students and educators across the country. Laura has also delivered keynotes for a diverse array of groups and organizations, including Women of Energy in Jamaica and Delta Airlines.
Laura and her work have been featured in dozens of blogs, magazines, newspapers, radio programs and TV shows, including USA Today, the Miami Herald, the Sun-Sentinel and Boca Magazine, Whoopi Goldberg, Sally Jesse Rafael, News 4 Nashville, South Florida Today and more.
Some of the biggest hearts in the publishing and human potential worlds endorse Laura’s books and programs, including Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen (co-authors of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series) and Wayne Dyer.
An active member of her community, Laura is a part of the Wise Mind Project, a South Florida-based non-profit bringing mindfulness, resiliency and inner wisdom training to educators, middle school students and their families. She has served on the board for the Boys and Girls Club of Broward County, and has volunteered at alternative schools, juvenile detention facilities and rehab centers for infants born to addicts.
Laura holds a bachelor’s degree in sociology from the University of Maryland. She is an avid student and teacher of human potential and transformational work, participating extensively at Landmark Worldwide, and an original co-founder of CoCreating Our Reality.
Topics Laura can speak to include:
- The Power of Love: Laura self-appointed herself an Ambassador of Love, what this means, and why she wants more of us to join her crusade
- Listening to your inner voice: Laura’s inner voice saved her life and delivered her first book, what yours might sound like and how to tune in
- Bullying: how life is often like a slingshot, the further you’re pulled back the greater your opportunity to soar. Our biggest challenges have the ability to become our biggest gifts
- Being yourself: The power, freedom and self-expression that comes from learning to embrace the simple though not always easy lesson. Ways to triumph over the disease of comparison and the “not enough” syndrome
- Following your dreams: Laura’s journey from challenging childhood, to South Beach bartender, to self-published sensation, to New York Times bestselling author. Discover your destiny and how each step along the way has served
Since I was young I've always wanted to travel the world, meet my brothers and sisters and spread the message of love. I'm blessed that my journey allows me to do this in so many ways. As an author I'm able to connect with people all over the planet and my message of love reaches children, parents, grandparents and teachers. Through the internet we can virtually connect with people all over the world in a matter of seconds. You can follow my adventures here, on Facebook and Instagram, along with an occasional tweet!
I'm looking forward to creating even more ways to connect with *YOU* and share the message of love!
Till then...Keep Shining!!
I Love Hearing From *YOU*
Have a message, question or story to share?
Would you like to have Laura speak for your school, group or organization?